Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Beginning


Tomorrow starts a trip that I have been anticipating for many months. As many know (because both my family and I have been very excited and told everyone we have talked to), I am spending this semester in the Dominican Republic with a group from Bethel. I will be studying Spanish and the culture, as well as taking ministry classes in preparation for serving in a preschool later on in the trip.

For those wondering, the layout of the trip will look something like this: the first five weeks will be intense language study, then we will have a week of traveling, and the rest of the time we will work in our ministry sites set up by Students International. 

Tomorrow starts orientation where will be taking some classes and getting to know our teammates better. Then we will fly out on Wednesday.  Internet connections will probably be sketchy, but I will try to write updates when it is possible.

I would definitely appreciate prayers! There are going to be some challenging times coming, but I know this is where God has me and He has made it clear that this trip is His plan for me.  
 

-Brittini

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you! I will miss you loads! Praying that God will do amazing things in your life and the life of all who are with you. I Love You Big Muches! :)

    ReplyDelete