Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday in Santiago


Another week has come and gone. This week went super fast! Spanish classes were hard; we almost “conquerored” pronouns! Who knew they could be so frustrating, but I think I’ve finally got it!

Today we went into Santiago and visited one museum and a monument. The museum, Centro Leon, was showed us a lot of the history behind the Dominican culture. I really enjoyed it (I’m usually not really a museum person, so this surprised me). But the best part of the day by far was lunch at McDonalds!! All week I have been asking about a McDonalds and there isn’t one in Jarabacoa, but there is one in Santiago. So with my persistence, we got to enjoy it for lunch today! Aside from the burger meet tasting a little different and having mayo, lettuce, and tomato, the meal was just like the states, except that my fries were actually HOT!! This made me very happy!

We also got to go to a “Dominican Walmart” called La Sirena and get some essentials such as peanut butter, a Spanish-English dictionary, and shaving cream.  Altogether it was a great day in Santiago!

-Brittini

2 comments:

  1. hahaha- gotta love that "home away from home" food. I completely understand that feeling, although I was only out of the country for two weeks! Have you heard of the Ark Jarabacoa Children’s Home or
    ANIJA? That's where our church sponsors many children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl after my own heart!!! Gotta have McDonald's every once in a while... every week is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete